What Is the Weight of Canadian Coins in Grams?
The weight of Canadian coins varies depending on the year they were made. Listed below are the most recent weights of the seven most common Canadian coins in grams:
- One cent (penny): 2.35 grams
- Five cents (nickel): 3.95 grams
- 10 cents (dime): 1.75 grams
- 20 cents: 4.65 grams
- 25 cents (quarter): 4.4 grams
- 50 cents (half dollar): 6.9 grams
- One dollar (loonie): 6.27 grams
- Two dollars (toonie): 6.92
Canadian half dollars are rarely used while Canadian pennies are no longer being made.