What Do You Call Doctors Who Deliver Babies?

James Willcox/CC-BY-2.0

Doctors who specialize in delivering babies are called obstetricians. Most of them also specialize in gynecology, the study of women's health, and are commonly referred to OB-GYNs. A physician in a sub-specialty of this field who concentrates on high-risk pregnancies and deliveries is called a perinatologist.